Oh, man was I excited to get to Scotland!
But before we could get there, we started off by flying Ireland’s infamous Ryanair. Ryanair is notorious for making America’s budget airlines look like the Concorde by comparison. For example – you *must* print your boarding pass (on A4 paper) before you get to the airport, or they charge you a €60 reissue fee. On the upside, they are very efficient with a high timeliness record.
In the U.S., people might find it annoying when an airline advertises their credit card during flight. On Ryanair, they made the following general cabin announcements during our 60 minute flight:
- General airplane safety (OK, every airline does that)
- Hot food for purchase
- Drinks for purchase
- Phone cards for purchase
- In-flight duty-free shopping
- Magazines/Newspapers for purchase
- Scratch-off lottery cards for purchase
- Timely arrivals courtesy of Ryanair ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmRrQw4Us9o)
But what did it matter – we were now in Scotland: land of kilts and whiskey, sheep and bagpipes, and notorious food. And we even landed a few minutes early…